Re: Role Authentication Failure

От Carlos Mennens
Тема Re: Role Authentication Failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm doing this all in psql.

Example:

CREATE ROLE carlos LOGIN CREATEDB CREATE ROLE REPLICATION;

Then set password \password carlos

Now I create the ROLE:

CREATE ROLE dba NOLOGIN;

So now I have two roles:

-carlos = user role
-dba = group role

I can login just fine as 'carlos' now with no authentication failure.
But when I do:

GRANT dba TO carlos;

That's the end of 'carlos' being able to login. What am I doing wrong?

The only files I have edited in PostgreSQL post installation is
pg_hba.conf & postgres.conf. It's a new 9.1.9 installation with no
data yet. I just don't understand why granting a role to a user
destroys his authentication and even REVOKE his dba group role doesn't
fix 'carlos'.

--
Carlos Mennens

Сообщение: Re: Role Authentication Failure
Сообщение: Re: Role Authentication Failure