Re: Role Authentication Failure

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Role Authentication Failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/15/2013 09:10 AM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> I'm doing this all in psql.
>
> Example:
>
> CREATE ROLE carlos LOGIN CREATEDB CREATE ROLE REPLICATION;

I going to assume you actually did:

CREATE ROLE carlos LOGIN CREATEDB CREATEROLE REPLICATION;

otherwise it would fail on the second CREATE ROLE.

> Then set password \password carlos
>
> Now I create the ROLE:
>
> CREATE ROLE dba NOLOGIN;
>
> So now I have two roles:
>
> -carlos = user role
> -dba = group role
>
> I can login just fine as 'carlos' now with no authentication failure.
> But when I do:
>
> GRANT dba TO carlos;
>
> That's the end of 'carlos' being able to login. What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately I do not have a 9.1.x instance handy. I tried the above on
9.0.x and everything worked.

Could you run the above sequence and show the log information from the run?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: Role Authentication Failure
Сообщение: Re: Role Authentication Failure