Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry

От Carlos Mennens
Тема Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry
Дата
Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> wrote:
> this'll run every hour.
>
>> 0 * * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall>  pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql

Thank you!

> try:
>
> 0 4 * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall>  pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql
>
> that'll run at 4am every day.

When I run the command in my shell (not in Cron), I'm prompted for my
login password. Should I change the permissions in pg_hba.conf and
enable INHERIT grants on my user? Should I place this in who's Cron
line? Postgres? Carlos? or Root?

> Watch the path's, who know's what directory is current:
>
> 0 4 * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall > /backup/pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql

Yes, I always check my paths and use full paths rather than symbolic links.

Сообщение: Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry
Сообщение: Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry