Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/14/2011 12:26 PM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Andy Colson<andy@squeakycode.net>  wrote:
>> Yep, you simply cron a pg_dump.  (dumpall if you want users/roles and all
>> databases).  No locking needed.
>
> So how would one put this in cron if I wanted to run this everyday?
>
> 0 * * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall>  pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql
>
> Will that work above assuming I wanted to run this every day at that
> specific time? I'm just guessing since I've never created a Crontab or
> messed with PG backups.

google is your friend.

this'll run every hour.
 > 0 * * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall>  pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql

try:
0 4 * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall>  pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql

that'll run at 4am every day.

Watch the path's, who know's what directory is current:

0 4 * * * /usr/bin/pg_dumpall > /backup/pg_dumpall.$DATE.sql

-Andy

Сообщение: Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry
Сообщение: Re: Locking Tables & Backup Inquiry