Re: Backup PostgreSQL from RDS straight to S3

От Anthony DeBarros
Тема Re: Backup PostgreSQL from RDS straight to S3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Great, thanks. The question I have, which at first glance isn't covered there, is whether those instructions will at any point bring the dump file onto the EC2 box, either in memory or temp file storage, on its way to S3? I don't know enough about how Linux handles data piped from one command to the next to know whether that's standard OP or not.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 2:36 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 9/18/19 11:32 AM, Anthony DeBarros wrote:
> Hi, folks -- I'm a longtime PostgreSQL user but a bit of a noob when it
> comes to maintenance. Question:
>
> I'm running PostgreSQL 11 on Amazon RDS. Also have an EC2 box running
> Ubuntu that runs some Python scripts that collect data into PostgreSQL.
>
> We're doing the standard RDS backups. However, I'd also like to do a
> nightly pg_dump and store that file on S3. Is there a way to go straight
> from RDS to S3 without having to download the dump file onto the EC2 box
> at any point? I want to avoid a scenario where the DB file fills the EC2
> box's disk.

?:
https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/221454/best-way-to-pg-dump-postgresql-on-rds-to-s3

--