Re: data_directory: remove from process view like ps

От Poul Kristensen
Тема Re: data_directory: remove from process view like ps
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks.
Symbolic links are "poison" for Postgres backup/restore is my experience.

/Poul

Poul Kristensen <bcc5226@gmail.com> writes:
> One off my Postgres installations  shows no data directory in the ps.
> I think it is a good thing, but can't see any difference in the
> postgresql.conf in the name data_directory in pg_settings when comparing to
> other Postgres installations.

Postgres itself wouldn't ever take any action to show (or hide) that
information in "ps" output.  I suppose that some of your postmasters
were started with an explicit -D switch on their command line and
some were not, and that that is the cause of the difference you're
seeing.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Poul Kristensen
Linux-OS/Virtualizationexpert and Oracle DBA