What does a .1 suffix on a PG data file signify?

От David Schnur
Тема What does a .1 suffix on a PG data file signify?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm investigating a 'could not stat file' error that points to a file "base/16384/52212305.1".  All the data files I've ever seen have names that are whole numbers; I've never seen a decimal suffix.  It occurs to me that perhaps this is some kind of temp-file, or a system for avoiding duplicate file names, both of which might be relevant in the context of this error.

Can anyone confirm what the presence of the .1 suffix means?

I'm using Postgres 8.3.15 on Windows.

Thanks,

David