Re: vacuum and autovacuum - is it good to configure the threshold atTABLE LEVEL?

От amul sul
Тема Re: vacuum and autovacuum - is it good to configure the threshold atTABLE LEVEL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 9:11 AM rajan <vgmonnet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, amul. I have already gone through this. What I would like to
> understand is the performance impact on autovacuum launcher and worker
> process when autovacuum is running from configurations done by
> *ALTER TABLE autvac_test SET (autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0,
> autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 100);*
>  at table level.

An answer could be yes or no, something work for me that not necessarily work
for you.

The aforesaid configuration will trigger vacuum at every 150 row update/delete.
It depends on your server load, how frequent 150 row count reaches. Also,
triggering vacuum too frequently is also not that much beneficial, IMO.

Regards,
Amul