Re: GetStandbyFlushRecPtr() : OUT param is not optional like elsewhere.

От Amul Sul
Тема Re: GetStandbyFlushRecPtr() : OUT param is not optional like elsewhere.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks Aleksander and Álvaro for your inputs.

I understand this change is not making any improvement to the current
code. I was a bit concerned regarding the design and consistency of
the function that exists for the server in recovery and for the server
that is not in recovery.  I was trying to write following snippet
where I am interested only for XLogRecPtr:

recPtr = RecoveryInProgress() ? GetStandbyFlushRecPtr(NULL) :
GetFlushRecPtr(NULL);

But I can't write this since I have to pass an argument for
GetStandbyFlushRecPtr() but that is not compulsory for
GetFlushRecPtr().

I agree to reject proposed changes since that is not useful
immediately and have no rule for the optional argument for the
similar-looking function.

Regards,
Amul