Re: Employee modeling question

От John McKown
Тема Re: Employee modeling question
Дата
Re: Employee modeling question  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Nelson Green <nelsongreen84@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Robin. Ironically enough, our little local library has three books by
> Joe Celko, so looks like I may have a weekend of reading ahead of me.

I'm impressed that your library has him. But, unless you are _very_
good with SQL, you're going to need more than a single weekend. Unless
by weekend you mean 48 hours of constant reading. I have a lot of his
books. They are excellent. They are _not_ for beginners. The "For
Smarties" portion is not just a play against  the "For Dummies"
series. Joe does some high powered SQL. I am not, and never really
will be, an SQL expert. I love his books. But, at least for me, they
are an intense read.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown