Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE

От Paulo Tanimoto
Тема Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Alvaro,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Pushed this patch to master, 9.4 and 9.3.

Thank you for porting and pushing your patch to these other branches.
Andrew, our team lead, is out this week, but I wanted to give you some
feedback as soon as possible.

I've built PostgreSQL 9.3 (git branch REL9_3_STABLE) with and without
this patch, and at least in my tests I was able to confirm that it
solves our issue.  Besides testing it with our simplified pgbench
scripts, I also tested it locally with our Haskell web server, which
was how we ran into the deadlock error in the first place.  In all my
tests, I consistently get the deadlock errors without the patch, and
no longer see them when the patch is applied.

Let us know if you'd like to see anything else tested on our end.

Take care,

Paulo