Re: For a LAPP setup what is better: 1 fast or 2 slower machines

От Alexander Farber
Тема Re: For a LAPP setup what is better: 1 fast or 2 slower machines
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Alexander Farber
> <alexander.farber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) 2 machines with i7-920 Quad-Core
>>   8 GB RAM, 2 x 750 GB SATA-II HDD
>>   (Software-RAID 1)
>>
>> 2) 1 machine i7-980X Hexa-Core
>>     24 GB RAM, 1 x 1,5 TB SATA II
>
> 2 machines for two reasons.  1: separating out app from db server
> means it's way easier to figure out which is acting up should you have
> a performance problem.  2: the dual machines have RAID-1 hard drives,
> the single machine just has one big 1.5TB drive.  No way would I run a
> production system on a single drive, especially considering how cheap
> hard drives are nowadays.

and where to run the pgbouncer,
probably on the Apache machine?

Regards
Alex

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: For a LAPP setup what is better: 1 fast or 2 slower machines
От: Darren Duncan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Creating temp tables inside read only transactions