Re: need help on pg_cron setup for partition

От Nisarg Patel
Тема Re: need help on pg_cron setup for partition
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You will need to correct the syntax if you are calling a function:

SELECT cron.schedule('@daily','select partman.run_maintenance()');

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024, 3:18 AM Sathish Reddy <sathishreddy.postgresql@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All,
In RDS postgres(version 14.4), we have scheduled partition maintenance
through pg_partman and it's scheduled through pg_cron as below. The same
script has been executed in dev and test environments, and we are seeing
the cron job is scheduled in both environments because we see one record in
table cron.job.

But we are not seeing any entries in cron.job_run_details for the test
database and also partitions are not getting created/dropped as we have
expected on the test database. So it means it's not running in one of the
databases. Wondering why it is so, if we are missing anything? How to debug
this issue ,find the cause if it's failing internally for some reason and
fix it ?

select partman.create_parent(
p_parent_table := 'TAB1',
p_control := 'part_col',
p_type := 'native',
p_interval := '1 day',
p_premake := 5,
p_start_partition => '2024-02-01 00:00:00'
);

update partman.part_config set infinite_time_partitions = 'true' ,
retention = '1 months', retention_keep_table='true',
retention_keep_index='true'
where parent_table = 'TAB1';

SELECT cron.schedule('@daily',partman.run_maintenance());

Regards