Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 4/3/18 18:05, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Currently we seem to have only two machines doing the cross-version
>> upgrade checks, which might make it easier to rearrange anything if
>> necessary.
>
> I think we should think about making this even more general.  We could
> use some cross-version testing for pg_dump, psql, pg_basebackup,
> pg_upgrade, logical replication, and so on.  Ideally, we would be able
> to run the whole test set against an older version somehow.  Lots of
> details omitted here, of course. ;-)

Yeah, that's more or less the plan. One way to generalize it might be
to see if ${branch}_SAVED exists and points to a directory with bin
share and lib directories. If so, use it as required to test against
that branch. The buildfarm will make sure that that setting exists.
There are some tricks you have to play with the environment, but it's
basically doable.

Anyway, this is really matter for another thread.

cheers

andrew