Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 12:25 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>
>>> Maybe it'd be good to have a buildfarm animal to specifically test for
>>> that?
>
>> Not sure a buildfarm supports running two clusters with different
>> versions easily?
>
> You'd need some specialized buildfarm infrastructure like --- maybe the
> same as --- the infrastructure for testing cross-version pg_upgrade.
> Andrew could speak to the details better than I.

It's quite possible. The cross-version upgrade module saves out each
built version. See
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/master/PGBuild/Modules/TestUpgradeXversion.pm>

Since this occupies a significant amount of disk space we'd probably
want to leverage it rather than have another module do the same thing.
Perhaps the "save" part of it needs to be factored out.

In any case, it's quite doable. I can work on that after this gets committed.

Currently we seem to have only two machines doing the cross-version
upgrade checks, which might make it easier to rearrange anything if
necessary.

cheers

andrew