Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Foreign keys and partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > 0002 is a fixup for a bug in the row triggers patch: I had a restriction
> > earlier that triggers declared internal were not cloned, and I seem to
> > have lost it in rebase.  Reinstate it.
>
> Hmm, doesn't cause any test changes?

Here's a test case:

create table t (a int) partition by range (a);
create table t1 partition of t for values from (0) to (1000);
alter table t add constraint uniq unique (a) deferrable;
create table t2 partition of t for values from (1000) to (2000);
create table t3 partition of t for values from (2000) to (3000) partition by range (a);
create table t33 partition of t3 for values from (2000) to (2100);

Tables t and t1 have one trigger; tables t2 and t3 have two triggers;
table t33 has three triggers:

alvherre=# select tgrelid::regclass, count(*) from pg_trigger where tgrelid::regclass in ('t', 't1', 't2', 't3', 't33')
groupby tgrelid;

 tgrelid │ count
─────────┼───────
 t       │     1
 t1      │     1
 t2      │     2
 t3      │     2
 t33     │     3
(5 filas)

These triggers probably all do the same thing, so there is no
correctness issue -- only speed.  I suppose it's not impossible to
construct a case that shows some actual breakage -- I just don't know
how.