Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:04 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On my Windows workstations, I use bison and flex bundled in MinGW
> > > which are located under c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\.  (Then, for a MSVC
> > > build, I just append this path to $ENV{PATH} with a semicolon to do
> > > the separation but that's a separate story).
> >
> > I also have the same setup for flex and bison.
>
> Thanks Michael and Amit.  Adding SET
> PATH=%PATH%;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\ did the trick, and allows me to
> remove the Chocolatey dependency.  I'll apply that change to cfbot
> tomorrow.

The reason I use chocolatey is to avoid having a dependency on Msys/Msys2 ;-)

If you're going to link to anything it should probably be to the Msys2
binaries, because a) they are likely to be more up to date and b)
unlike msys1 they are available by default for all four VS toolsets
Appveyor provides.

FYI I have captured a complete log of what chocolatey does, at
<https://gist.github.com/adunstan/12e4474c769aa88a584c450548bf2ffa>
Essentially it just downloads a zip from sourceforge and then sets up
shims to the binaries.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?
Сообщение: Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?