Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 8:16 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 11:25:55AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > > You can see MinGW, MSYS and Cygwin there, and I suspect that one of
> > > those is the answer, but I'm not familiar with them or what else might
> > > be available to install popular F/OSS bits and pieces on that
> > > operating system, because I really only know how to Unix.  Maybe flex
> > > and bison are already installed somewhere or easily installable with a
> > > shell command?  Would someone who knows about development on Windows
> > > like to make a recommendation, or perhaps provide a tweaked version of
> > > the attached patch[1]?
> >
> > On my Windows workstations, I use bison and flex bundled in MinGW
> > which are located under c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\.  (Then, for a MSVC
> > build, I just append this path to $ENV{PATH} with a semicolon to do
> > the separation but that's a separate story).
>
> I also have the same setup for flex and bison.

Thanks Michael and Amit.  Adding SET
PATH=%PATH%;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\ did the trick, and allows me to
remove the Chocolatey dependency.  I'll apply that change to cfbot
tomorrow.

Сообщение: Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?
Сообщение: Re: What's the best way to get flex and bison on Windows?