Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:29 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Seeing that you're also having issues with a stack involving
> > libtinfo.so.5, here's my theory: libtinfo version 5 is brain-dead
> > about whether it needs to issue cursor repositioning commands, and
> > tends to do so even when the cursor is in the right place already.
> > Version 6 fixed that, which is why we're not seeing these escape
> > sequences on any of the libedit-using buildfarm critters.
>
> Nope, the buildfarm just blew up that theory: Andres' critters are
> failing in the wake of fac1c04fe, with symptoms exactly like those
> of my franken-libedit build.  So newer libtinfo doesn't fix it.
>
> What has to have broken those machines was the change to explicitly
> force TERM to "xterm".  Now I'm wondering what their prevailing
> setting was before that.  Maybe it was undef, or some absolutely
> vanilla thing that prevents libtinfo from thinking it can use any
> escape sequences at all.  I'm going to go find out, because if we
> can use that behavior globally, it'd be a heck of a lot safer
> solution than the path of dealing with escape sequences explicitly.

You can see what settings it started with, although only certain
values are whitelisted. See orig_env in the config. e.g. crake, which
is now failing, has no TERM setting.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.