Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:29 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What has to have broken those machines was the change to explicitly
>> force TERM to "xterm".  Now I'm wondering what their prevailing
>> setting was before that.  Maybe it was undef, or some absolutely
>> vanilla thing that prevents libtinfo from thinking it can use any
>> escape sequences at all.  I'm going to go find out, because if we
>> can use that behavior globally, it'd be a heck of a lot safer
>> solution than the path of dealing with escape sequences explicitly.

> You can see what settings it started with, although only certain
> values are whitelisted. See orig_env in the config. e.g. crake, which
> is now failing, has no TERM setting.

Ah, right.  The one-off patch I just pushed also confirms that the
TAP tests are seeing TERM-not-set on Andres' machines.

I'm currently investigating the possibility of just unsetting it
in the tab-completion test and then being able to revert all the
escape-sequence hocus-pocus.  It's looking promising in local
testing, although Peter said off-list that it didn't seem to
work in his setup.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.