Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 7:42 PM John Naylor <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 8:18 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > First, I had a problem: On MacOS with their "gcc" wrapper around
> > > clang, I got a segfault 11 when compiled with no debugging symbols.
> > >

> > Did you get this problem with the patch or both with and without the
> > patch?  If it is only with patch, then we definitely need to
> > investigate.
>
> Only with the patch.

If the problem is reproducible, then I think we can try out a few
things to narrow down or get some clue about the problem:
(a) modify function new_cluster_needs_fsm() such that it always
returns true as its first statement.  This will tell us if the code in
that function has some problem.
(b) run with Valgrind

--
With Regards,