Re: Wrong assert in TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Wrong assert in TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 8:51 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 9:23 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you think we need such an Assert after having StaticAssert for
> > (THRESHOLD_SUBTRANS_CLOG_OPT <= PGPROC_MAX_CACHED_SUBXIDS)  and then
> > an if statement containing (nsubxids <= THRESHOLD_SUBTRANS_CLOG_OPT)
> > just before this Assert?  Sure, we can keep this for extra safety, but
> > I don't see the need for it.
>
> I don't have strong feelings about it.

Okay, in that case, I am planning to push this patch [1] tomorrow
morning unless I see any other comments.  I am also planning to
backpatch this through 10 where it got introduced, even though this is
not a serious bug, but I think it is better to keep the code
consistent in back branches.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1JZ5EipQ8Ta6eLMX_ni3CNtZDUrvHg0th1C8n%3D%2Bk%2B0ojg%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,