Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:11 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:38 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have pushed that patch last week and attached are the remaining
> > patches. I have made a few changes in the next patch
> > 0001-Extend-the-BufFile-interface.patch and have some comments on it
> > which are as below:
>
> Hi Amit,
>
> I noticed that Konstantin Knizhnik's CF entry 2386 calls
> table_scan_XXX() functions from an extension, namely
> contrib/auto_explain, and started failing to build on Windows after
> commit 7259736a.  This seems to be due to the new global variables
> CheckXidAlive and bsysscan, which probably need PGDLLIMPORT if they
> are accessed from inline functions that are part of the API that we
> expect extensions to be allowed to call.

Yeah, that makes sense. I will take care of that later today or
tomorrow. We have not noticed that because currently none of the
extensions is using those functions. BTW, I noticed that after
failure, the next run is green, why so? Is the next run not on
windows?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.