Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:51 AM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

Hello Amit,

> 1. ran pgindent
> 2. As per Alvaro's suggestions move few function definitions.
> 3. Changed one or two comments and fixed spelling at one place.

Thanks for the improvements.

Not sure why you put "XXX - " in front of "append_fillfactor" comment,
though.

It is to indicate that we can do this after further consideration.

> + fprintf(stderr,
> + "no pgbench_accounts table found in search_path\n"
> + "Perhaps you need to do initialization (\"pgbench -i\") in database
> \"%s\"\n", PQdb(con));

> Can anyone else think of a better error message either in wording or
> style for above case?

No better idea from me. The second part is a duplicate from a earlier
comment, when getting the scale fails.

Yeah, I know that, but this doesn't look quite right.  I mean to say whatever we want to say via this message is correct, but I am not completely happy with the display part.  How about something like: "pgbench_accounts is missing, you need to do initialization (\"pgbench -i\") in database \"%s\"\n"?  Feel free to propose something else on similar lines?  If possible, I want to convey this information in a single sentence.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.