Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 4:51 AM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 10:15 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> Also, perhaps the following additional comment (or similar) could be
> added to the pg_publication_tables documentation in catalogs.sgml:
>
> For publications of partitioned tables with publish_via_partition_root
> set to true, the partitioned table itself (rather than the individual
> partitions) is included in the view.

Okay, but I think it is better to add the behavior both when
publish_via_partition_root is set to true and false. As in the case of
false, it won't include the partitioned table itself.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.