Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 9:36 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 12:54 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I think it is okay to clear after the first successful application of
> > any transaction. What I was not sure was about the idea of giving
> > WARNING/ERROR if the first xact to be applied is not the same as
> > skip_xid.
>
> Do you prefer not to do anything in this case?

I am fine with clearing the skip_xid after the first successful
application. But note, we shouldn't do catalog access for this, we can
check if it is set in MySubscription.

> > > Probably, we also need to consider the case where the tablesync worker
> > > entered an error loop and the user wants to skip the transaction? The
> > > apply worker is also running at the same time but it should not clear
> > > subskipxid. Similarly, the tablesync worker should not clear
> > > subskipxid if the apply worker wants to skip the transaction.
> > >

> > I think for tablesync workers, the skip_xid set via this mechanism
> > won't work as we don't have any remote_xid for them, and neither any
> > XID is reported in the view for them.
>
> If the tablesync worker raises an error while applying changes after
> finishing the copy, it also reports the error XID.

Right and agreed with your assessment for the same.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.