Re: Implement UNLOGGED clause for COPY FROM

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Implement UNLOGGED clause for COPY FROM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:47 AM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> In terms of streaming replication,
> I'd like to ask for advice of other members in this community.
> Now, I think this feature requires to re-create standby
> immediately after the COPY UNLOGGED like Oracle's clause

This seems quite limiting to me and I think the same will be true for
subscribers that get data via logical replication, right?  I suspect
that the user will perform such an operation from time-to-time and
each time creating replica again could be really time-consuming and
maybe more than it will save by making this operation unlogged.

I wonder do they really need to replicate such a table and its data
because each time creating a replica from scratch after an operation
on one table doesn't sound advisable to me?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.