Re: Logical replication timeout problem

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Logical replication timeout problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:21 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 4:10 PM Fabrice Chapuis <fabrice636861@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Amit,
> >
> > We can replay the problem: we load a table of several Gb in the schema of the publisher, this generates the
worker'stimeout after one minute from the end of this load. The table on which this load is executed is not
replicated.

> > 2021-09-16 12:06:50 CEST [24881]: [1-1] user=postgres,db=db012a00,client=[local] LOG:  duration: 1281408.171 ms
statement:COPY db.table (col1, col2) FROM stdin;

> > 2021-09-16 12:07:11 CEST [12161]: [1-1] user=,db=,client= LOG:  automatic analyze of table "db.table " system
usage:CPU: user: 4.13 s, system: 0.55 s, elapsed: 9.58 s

> > 2021-09-16 12:07:50 CEST [3770]: [2-1] user=,db=,client= ERROR:  terminating logical replication worker due to
timeout

> > Before increasing value for wal_sender_timeout and wal_receiver_timeout I thought to further investigate the
mechanismsleading to this timeout.

> The basic problem here seems to be that WAL Sender is not able to send
> a keepalive or any other message for the configured
> wal_receiver_timeout. I am not sure how that can happen but can you
> once try by switching autovacuum = off? I wanted to ensure that
> WALSender is not blocked due to the background process autovacuum.

The other thing we can try out is to check the data in pg_locks on
publisher during one minute after the large copy is finished. This we
can try out both with and without autovacuum.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.