psql: tab completion differs on semicolon placement

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема psql: tab completion differs on semicolon placement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
While testing a patch I fat-fingered a CREATE DATABASE statement by tab
completing *after* the semicolon, with no space between the objname and
semicolon.  The below options were presented, which at this point aren't really
applicable:

db=# create database foo;
ALLOW_CONNECTIONS ENCODING          LC_COLLATE        LOCALE            TABLESPACE
CONNECTION LIMIT  IS_TEMPLATE       LC_CTYPE          OWNER             TEMPLATE

DROP DATABASE has a similar tab completion which makes about as much sense:

db=# drop database foo;WITH (

Checking prev_wd for not ending with ';' as per the attached makes "objname;"
behave like "objname ;".  Is there a reason for not doing that which I'm
missing?  I didn't check for others, but if this seems reasonable I'll go
through to find any other similar cases.

Вложения