Re: Move global variables of pgoutput to plugin private scope.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Move global variables of pgoutput to plugin private scope.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 10:15:24AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > It's like that from the beginning. Now, even if we want to move, your
> > suggestion is not directly related to this patch as we are just
> > changing one field, and that too to fix a bug. We should start a
> > separate thread to gather a broader consensus if we want to move the
> > exposed structure to an internal file.
>
> As you wish.

Thanks.

>  You are planning to take care of the patches 0001 and
> 0002 posted on this thread, I guess?

I have tested and reviewed
v2-0001-Maintain-publish_no_origin-in-output-plugin-priv and
v2-PG16-0001-Maintain-publish_no_origin-in-output-plugin-priva patches
posted in the email [1]. I'll push those unless there are more
comments on them. I have briefly looked at
v2-0002-Move-in_streaming-to-output-private-data in the same email [1]
but didn't think about it in detail (like whether there is any live
bug that can be fixed or is just an improvement). If you wanted to
look and commit v2-0002-Move-in_streaming-to-output-private-data, I am
fine with that?

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB57164B085332DB677DBFA8E994C3A%40OS0PR01MB5716.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

--