Re: 001_rep_changes.pl fails due to publisher stuck on shutdown

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: 001_rep_changes.pl fails due to publisher stuck on shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 12:34 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Tue, 11 Jun 2024 11:32:12 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> > Sorry, it is not clear to me why we failed to flush the last
> > continuation record in logical walsender? I see that we try to flush
> > the WAL after receiving got_STOPPING in WalSndWaitForWal(), why is
> > that not sufficient?
>
> It seems that, it uses XLogBackgroundFlush(), which does not guarantee
> flushing WAL until the end.

What would it take to ensure the same? I am trying to explore this
path because currently logical WALSender sends any outstanding logs up
to the shutdown checkpoint record (i.e., the latest record) and waits
for them to be replicated to the standby before exit. Please take a
look at the comments where we call WalSndDone(). The fix you are
proposing will break that guarantee.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.