От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:20 PM Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, at 6:05 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> Euler, I have one more question about this patch for you. I see that
> in the patch we are calling coerce_to_target_type() in
> pgoutput_row_filter_init_expr() but do we really need the same? We
> already do that via
> transformPubWhereClauses->transformWhereClause->coerce_to_boolean
> before storing where clause expression. It is not clear to me why that
> is required? We might want to add a comment if that is required.
>
> It is redundant. It seems an additional safeguard that we should be removed.
> Good catch.

Thanks for the confirmation. Actually, it was raised by Vignesh in his
email [1].

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm1_JVg_hqoGex_FVca_HPF46n9oDDB9dsp1SrPuaVpp-w%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: skip replication slot snapshot/map file removal during end-of-recovery checkpoint