Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 3:03 PM tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
<tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> From: Masahiko Sawada <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com>
> > So what's your opinion?
>
> * Global visibility
> This is what Amit-san suggested some times -- "design it before reviewing the current patch."  I'm a bit optimistic
aboutthis and think this FDW 2PC can be implemented separately as a pure enhancement of FDW.  But I also understand his
concern. If your (our?) aim is to use this FDW 2PC for sharding,

As far as I understand that is what the goal is for which this is a
step. For example, see the wiki [1]. I understand that wiki is not the
final thing but I have seen other places as well where there is a
mention of FDW based sharding and I feel this is the reason why many
people are trying to improve this area. That is why I suggested having
an upfront design of global visibility and a deadlock detector along
with this work.

[1] - https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WIP_PostgreSQL_Sharding

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Michael Banck
Сообщение: Re: Online verification of checksums
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Parallel copy