Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 9:25 PM Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 8:53 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Did you give any thoughts to my earlier suggestion related to syntax [1]?
>>

>> [1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1J9b_0_PMnJ2jq9E55bcbmTKdUmy6jPnkf1Zwy2jxah_g%40mail.gmail.com
>

> For future support to replicate all columns except (x,y,z), I think some optional keywords like
> COLUMNS NOT IN can be inserted between table name and (*columns_list*) as follows.
> ALTER PUBLICATION ADD TABLE tab_name [COLUMNS NOT IN] (x,y,z)
> I think this should be possible as a future addition to proposed syntax in the patch.
> Please let me know your opinion.

Right, I don't want you to implement that feature as part of this
patch but how about using COLUMNS or similar keyword in column filter
like ALTER PUBLICATION ADD TABLE tab_name COLUMNS (c1, c2, ...)? This
can make it easier to extend in the future.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.