Re: [BUG] Unexpected action when publishing partition tables

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [BUG] Unexpected action when publishing partition tables
Дата
Re: [BUG] Unexpected action when publishing partition tables  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 11:36 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the comment.
> > > Attach new version patches which clean the table at the end.
> > >

> > + * For partitioned table contained in the publication, we must
> > + * invalidate all partitions contained in the respective partition
> > + * trees, not just the one explicitly mentioned in the publication.
> >
> > Can we slightly change the above comment as: "For the partitioned tables, we
> > must invalidate all partitions contained in the respective partition hierarchies,
> > not just the one explicitly mentioned in the publication. This is required
> > because we implicitly publish the child tables when the parent table is
> > published."
> >
> > Apart from this, the patch looks good to me.
> >
> > I think we need to back-patch this till v13. What do you think?
>
> I agreed.
>
> Attach patches for back-branch, each has passed regression tests and pgindent.

Thanks, your patches look good to me. I'll push them sometime next
week after Tuesday unless there are any comments.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.