Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 7:23 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:37 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 7:15 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Please find the patch for HEAD attached. Can you please prepare the
> > > patch for back-branches by doing all the changes I have done in the
> > > patch for HEAD?
> >
> > Done
> >

> Thanks, the patch looks good to me. I'll push these early next week
> (Tuesday) unless someone has any other comments or suggestions.

I think the test in this patch is quite similar to what Noah has
pointed in the nearby thread [1] to be failing at some intervals. Can
you also please once verify the same and if we can expect similar
failures here then we might want to consider dropping the test in this
patch for now? We can always come back to it once we find a good
solution to make it pass consistently.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210613073407.GA768908%40rfd.leadboat.com

--
With Regards,