Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 1:16 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Here procArrayGroupXid sounds like Xid at group level, how about
>> > procArrayGroupMemberXid?
>> > Find the patch with renamed variables for PGProc
>> > (rename_pgproc_variables_v1.patch) attached with mail.
>>
>> I sort of hate to make these member names any longer, but I wonder if
>> we should make it procArrayGroupClearXid etc.
>
> If we go by this suggestion, then the name will look like:
> PGProc
> {
> ..
> bool procArrayGroupClearXid, pg_atomic_uint32 procArrayGroupNextClearXid,
> TransactionId procArrayGroupLatestXid;
> ..
>
> PROC_HDR
> {
> ..
> pg_atomic_uint32 procArrayGroupFirstClearXid;
> ..
> }
>
> I think whatever I sent in last patch were better.  It seems to me it is
> better to add some comments before variable names, so that anybody
> referring them can understand better and I have added comments in
> attached patch rename_pgproc_variables_v2.patch to explain the same.

Well, I don't know.  Anybody else have an opinion?

It seems that either people don't have any opinion on this matter or they
are okay with either of the naming conventions being discussed.  I think
specifying Member after procArrayGroup can help distinguishing which
variables are specific to the whole group and which are specific to a
particular member.  I think that will be helpful for other places as well
if we use this technique to improve performance.  Let me know what
you think about the same.

I have verified that previous patches can be applied cleanly and passes
make check-world.  To avoid confusion, I am attaching the latest
patches with this mail.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Вложения