Re: Logical Replication - detail message with names of missing columns

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Logical Replication - detail message with names of missing columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 8:00 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> Thanks Amit for the review comments. I will post an updated patch soon.
>
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 9:39 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 6. I think we should add one test case for this in the existing
> > regression test (src/test/subscription/t/008_diff_schema).
> >

> This patch logs the missing column names message in subscriber server
> logs. Is there a way to see the logs in these tests and use that as
> expected result for the test case?

I don't think there is any direct way to achieve that. What we can do
is to check that the data is not replicated in such a case but I don't
think it is worth to add a test for that behavior. So, I think we can
skip adding a test for this unless someone else has a better idea to
do the same.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.