Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 1:52 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2020/06/02 16:00, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > At Tue, 2 Jun 2020 15:17:36 +0900, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Tracking of spilled transactions has been introduced to PG13. These
> >> new statistics values, spill_txns, spill_count, and spill_bytes, are
> >> cumulative total values unlike other statistics values in
> >> pg_stat_replication.
>
> Basically I don't think it's good design to mix dynamic and collected
> stats in one view. It might be better to separate them into different
> new stats view.

I think this is worth considering but note that we already have a
similar mix in other views like pg_stat_archiver (archived_count and
failed_count are dynamic whereas other columns are static).  On the
one hand, it is good if we have a separate view for such dynamic
information but OTOH users need to consult more views for replication
information.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.