Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 7:03 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz@depesz.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 06:30:57PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > > There is something weird happening:
> > What exactly weird you are seeing in this? To me, it appears as if the
> > system due to some reason ignores an existing slot that has
> > restart_lsn as 1039D/83825958.
>
> The weird part for me is that it is trying to remove wal files older
> than the same "x" many times.

I think that is okay because as per checkpointer's computation it
decides not to remove/replace any new WAL files. At this stage, I am
not getting any idea except for getting the value of
XLogGetReplicationSlotMinimumLSN() in one of the LOG prints. If you
can't add all the LOGs, I shared in the last patch, can you try to get
the value of XLogGetReplicationSlotMinimumLSN() by appending to the
existing LOG "attempting to remove WAL segments older than log file
.."?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.