Re: [sqlsmith] Short reads in hash indexes

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [sqlsmith] Short reads in hash indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:38 AM, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> wrote:
> Andreas Seltenreich writes:

>> Good news: the assertion hasn't fired since the patch is in.
>
> Meh, it fired again today after being silent for 100e6 queries :-/
> I guess I need to add some confidence qualification on such statements.
> Maybe sigmas as they do at CERN…
>
>> smith=# select * from state_report where sqlstate = 'XX001';
>> -[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> count    | 10
>> sqlstate | XX001
>> sample   | ERROR:  could not read block 1173 in file "base/16384/17256": read only 0 of 8192 bytes
>> hosts    | {airbisquit,frell,gorgo,marbit,pillcrow,quakken}
>>
>>> Hmm, I am not sure if this is related to previous problem, but it
>>> could be.  Is it possible to get the operation and or callstack for
>>> above failure?
>>
>> Ok, will turn the elog into an assertion to get at the backtraces.
>
> Doing so on top of 4212cb7, I caught the backtrace below.  Query was:

Thanks for the report, I will look into it.  I think this one is quite
similar to what Jeff has reported [1].

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMkU%3D1ydfriLCOriJ%3DAxtF%3DhhBOUUcWtf172vquDrj%3D3T7yXmg%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take