Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

Hmm ... after further experimentation, I still can't get this version of
systemd (231) to do anything evil.  It turns out that Fedora ships it with
KillUserProcesses turned off by default, and maybe having that on is a
prerequisite for the other behavior?  But that doesn't make a lot of sense
because we'd never be seeing the reports of databases moaning about lost
semaphores if the processes got killed first.  Anyway, I see nothing bad
happening if KillUserProcesses is off, while if it's on then the database
gets shut down reasonably politely via SIGTERM.

Color me confused ... maybe systemd's behavior has changed?

Hrm, the following incantation seems to break for me on a fresh Fedora 25 system:
1) As root su to $USER and start postgres.
2) ssh in as $USER and then logout
3) # psql localhost

FATAL: semctl(4980742, 3, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument
LOG: server process (PID 14569) exited with exit code 1