Re: INSERT INTO SELECT, Why Parallelism is not selected?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: INSERT INTO SELECT, Why Parallelism is not selected?
Дата
Re: INSERT INTO SELECT, Why Parallelism is not selected?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 8:42 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 7:36 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> Yeah, the proposed comment changes don't actually add much.  Also
> >> please try to avoid inserting non-ASCII   into the source code;
> >> at least in my mail reader, that attachment has some.
>
> > I don't see any non-ASCII characters in the patch.  I have applied and
> > checked (via vi editor) the patch as well but don't see any non-ASCII
> > characters.  How can I verify that?
>
> They're definitely there:
>
> $ od -c 0001-Fix-comments-in-heapam.c.patch
> 0002740   h   e  \n   +  \t       *       l   e   a   d   e   r       c
> 0002760   a   n       p   e   r   f   o   r   m       t   h   e       i
> 0003000   n   s   e   r   t   .     302 240   T   h   i   s       r   e
> 0003020   s   t   r   i   c   t   i   o   n       c   a   n       b   e
> 0003040       u   p   l   i   f   t   e   d       o   n   c   e       w
> 0003060   e  \n   +  \t       *       a   l   l   o   w       t   h   e
> 0003100 302 240   p   l   a   n   n   e   r       t   o       g   e   n
> 0003120   e   r   a   t   e       p   a   r   a   l   l   e   l       p
> 0003140   l   a   n   s       f   o   r       i   n   s   e   r   t   s
> 0003160   .  \n      \t       *   /  \n      \t   i   f       (   I   s

Thanks, I could see that.

> I'm not sure if "git diff --check" would whine about this.

No, "git diff --check" doesn't help.  I have tried pgindent but that
also doesn't help neither was I expecting it to help.  I am still not
able to figure out how I goofed up this but will spend some more time
on this.  In the meantime, I have updated the patch to improve the
comments as suggested by Robert.  Do let me know if you want to
edit/add something more?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.