Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Dilip kumar <dilip.kumar@huawei.com> wrote:

> On 20 December 2014 16:30, Amit Kapila Wrote,
> >Summarization of latest changes:
>
> >1. Change file name from symlink_label to tablespace_map and changed
>
> >the same every where in comments and variable names.
>
> >2. This feature will be supportted for both windows and linux; tablespace_map
>
> >file will be generated on both windows and linux to restore tablespace links
>
> >during archive recovery.
>
> >3.  Handling for special characters in tablesapce path name.
> >4. Updation of docs.
>
> I did not followed this patch for quite some time, I have seen all the threads regarding this patch and reviewed from those perspective.
>
> 1.     I have done the testing and behavior is fine
> 2.     For handling special character like new line character, I saw discussion mostly for two option,
> a.     Don’t support such table space name in tablespace map file and skip those tablespace.
>
> b.     Add ‘\’ character when there is new line in the tablespace name.
>
> And you have selected option 2, I don’t see any problem in this because it is maintaining human readability, I just want ask is this as per the consensus ?

Tom has spotted this problem and suggested 3 different options
to handle this issue, apart from above 2, third one is "Go over to
a byte-count-then-value format".  Then Andrew and Heikki
supported/asked to follow option 2 (as is followed in patch) and no
one objected, so I used the same to fix the issue.

Based on above, I would say we have a consensus to follow this
approach.

> Other than that patch seems fine to me..

Thanks for reviewing it.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces