Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:46 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> > Does anybody else have any idea on how can we write a test for
> > non-default block size or if we already have anything similar?
>
> Build with a non-default BLCKSZ and see if the regression tests pass.
> There's no way that a build with BLCKSZ x can run any tests for
> BLCKSZ y.
>
> Note that you can expect some plan variations from a different BLCKSZ,
> so there'd be at least a few "failures" in the regression tests, which'd
> require manual inspection.  Otherwise this could be delegated to a
> buildfarm animal using a nonstandard BLCKSZ.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will do the manual verification related
to this patch.  I am not too much worried about this particular patch
as we know how to manually test it, but my main worry was any future
change (like changing the meta page contents) shouldn't break it.  I
think your suggestion for having a separate buildfarm for nonstandard
BLCKSZ is good.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: Prevent concurrent DROP SCHEMA when certain objects are being initially created in the namespace
Сообщение: Re: Prevent concurrent DROP SCHEMA when certain objects are being initially created in the namespace