От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 3:22 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:58 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> 3) Should we include row filter condition in pg_publication_tables
> view like in describe publication(\dRp+) , since the prqual is not
> easily readable in pg_publication_rel table:

How about exposing pubdef (or publicationdef) column via
pg_publication_tables? In this, we will display the publication
definition. This is similar to what we do for indexes via pg_indexes
postgres=# select * from pg_indexes where tablename like '%t1%';
schemaname | tablename | indexname | tablespace | indexdef
public | t1 | idx_t1 | | CREATE INDEX idx_t1 ON public.t1 USING btree
(c1) WHERE (c1 < 10)
(1 row)

The one advantage I see with this is that we will avoid adding
additional columns for the other patches like "column filter". Also,
it might be convenient for users. What do you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.