Re: Invalidate the subscription worker in cases where a user loses their superuser status

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Invalidate the subscription worker in cases where a user loses their superuser status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 2:02 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2023-10-17 at 14:17 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > > Fair enough. I'll wait till early next week (say till Monday EOD)
> > > see if anyone thinks otherwise and push this patch to HEAD after
> > > some
> > > more testing and review.
> > >

> > Pushed.
>
> There was a brief discussion on backporting this here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmob2mYpaUMT7aoFOukYTrpxt-WdgcitJnsjWhufnbDWEeg%40mail.gmail.com
>
> It looks like you opted not to backport it. Was there a reason for
> that? The only risky thing I see there is a change in the Subscription
> structure -- I suppose that could be used by extensions?

Right, the same is pointed out by me in an email [1].

> (I am fine with it not being backported, but I was inclined to think it
> should be backported.)

I don't mind backporting it if you think so but we need to ensure that
we don't break any extensions.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1JztFkYeVANuH0Ja_c3zqDjTyz0j15xQqwCDRPokYhWgw%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,