Re: POC and rebased patch for CSN based snapshots

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: POC and rebased patch for CSN based snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 3:11 PM movead.li@highgo.ca <movead.li@highgo.ca> wrote:

> Hello hackers,
>
> Currently, I do some changes based on the last version:
> 1. Catch up to the current  commit (c2bd1fec32ab54).
> 2. Add regression and document.
> 3. Add support to switch from xid-base snapshot to csn-base snapshot,
> and the same with standby side.

AFAIU, this patch is to improve scalability and also will be helpful
for Global Snapshots stuff, is that right?  If so, how much
performance/scalability benefit this patch will have after Andres's
recent work on scalability [1]?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200301083601.ews6hz5dduc3w2se%40alap3.anarazel.de

--
With Regards,