Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 10:24 AM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:52 PM Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks for confirmation of that PostgreSQL runs as service.
>
> Based on the following details, we can decide whether this fix is required or not.
> 1. Starting of Postgres server using pg_ctl without service is of production use or not?
> 2. Without this fix, how difficult is the problem to find out that something is preventing the
> server to start? In case if it is easy to find out, may be better to provide some troubleshoot
> guide for windows users can help.
>
> I am in favor of doc fix if it easy to find the problem instead of assuming the user usage.

Tsunakawa/Haribabu - By reading this thread briefly, it seems we need
some more inputs from other developers on whether to fix this or not,
so ideally the status of this patch should be 'Needs Review'.  Why it
is in 'Waiting on Author' state?  If something is required from
Author, then do we expect to see the updated patch in the next few
days?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.