Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Increasing CLOG buffers to 64 helps in reducing the contention due to second
> > > reason.  Experiments revealed that increasing CLOG buffers only helps
> > > once the contention around ProcArrayLock is reduced.
> >

> Overall this idea sounds promising, but I think the work involved is more
> than the benefit I am expecting for the current optimization we are
> discussing.

Sorry, I think last line is slightly confusing, let me try to again write
it:

Overall this idea sounds promising, but I think the work involved is more
than the benefit expected from the current optimization we are
discussing.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.